Thread: New 986 owner.
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
Ressler

New 986 owner.

So I've been lurking these forums for a few weeks now since I picked up my 2000 boxster and figured I should register and make an introduction! So a little background on myself, I'm 20 years old and just moved to the San Francisco Bay Area from Seattle for my job (commercial driver) and finally decided I had enough money put away to get into my first Porsche as I've wanted a 911 since I was a little kid, but can't afford one at the moment. So far I absolutely love the car, I bought it with 92k and it's mint inside and out, it's been very well cared for! Made the travel from WA to CA with not a single hiccup! So I'll add some pictures and ask a few questions for you

Now for some questions!

1) What brand/model headlights are these? I assume they aren't stock judging by the depo aftermarket taillights.

2) I've read up on the IMS/RMS Failures, now would that be a considering factor in a car with 95k? Didn't see any info as to whether that was when they were younger or if it's something that could fail at any time.

3) What wheels are these? From what I've seen and found they're Porsche Sport Designs, which is a 2-Piece wheel correct? Anybody have more info?

4) What are the typical mods most people do first? I'm thinking about GT3 sway bars, track aluminum floor mats, and possibly Ksport Coilovers.

Thank you for any and all help and I'm glad to be a new member! If anybody is from the area Id love to meet up and talk cars!
Ressler is offline   Reply With Quote