View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 03:44 AM   #1
Uncle

986 Gemballa Twin Turbo.

Hello Gents,
New to the forum but not new to Porsche. I recently sold my 1977 911 3ltr with a Turbo/EFI swap I did myself at home. While the car was very fast and we had a lot of fun together it was time for a change. I looked at all kinds of stuff from BMW M3's to Nissan GTR's but in the end I'm a Porsche guy though and though. I knew deep down if I didn't get another I'd be kicking myself.

I spotted this car one Thursday night (06/04/14) and knew I had to move fast to nab it. Phil a mate of mine was a top bloke and made time to go and look at it on Friday arvo and Russ another good mate did some recon on Friday morning with T&D who looked after the car. As it turns out they had not seen it in a few years since Don left and started up a new shop. More calls made and I was happy the car had been well looked after.
Anyway Phil rang me as he was flogging the **** out of it and oddly I couldn't hear the car at all. Just him laughing like a child saying it's awesome. Seeing how it weighs 1200 and a bit KG's and is rated by Gemballer at 335kw so it should be. This was at 7p.m NSW time or 6p.m curtain lovers time AKA Queensland ( you will of worked out I'm in Australia by now). I'd stayed back at work to yell at people who work for me on arvo shift so after yelling at them a bit I walked into my office and rang Warwick the guy selling the car. We talked price and came to a deal. I said I'd give him a deposit and pick it up Saturday week. I did this as we chatted and all was going well.
After that I called my wife to see how her friday night was going and to soften her up to the fact I'd just bought another Porsche site unseen for a not inconsiderable amount of money. With that easy job done I got down to more stalking about the car and owner. Whilst I was doing this she rang me back and said don't be a tard go and get it on Saturday. Awesome wife is Awesome!
I called Warwick while she looked for flights. He didn't answer and it was now 10p.m NSW time. I called the bank to make sure there was going to be one open in Brisbane CBD on Saturday and then called the wife back wondering if we should book a ticket or not as I'd not been called back by Warwick. Right at this point he called my mobile while I was on the land line to her. He was cool with doing a cash transfer seeing as we both banked with the same bank he would get his money on the spot. So right now I've got a phone in each ear and am doing my best to hold my ******************** together and sort times and places. The wife books the flight while I talk to him then she gives me a flight number and I pass on when I'll land etc. It's at this point I remember he has a Lambo so I cheekily ask him to pick me up in it. He laughs and says yeah that will make it easy for you to find me.
Done deal.
I finish work at 11pm go home have a couple of beers and hit the sack at 12:30. I then get up at 0630 after a **************** night sleep with the little bloke getting up multiple times go to the airport. Fly to QLD neck a quick coffee and walk out the front looking for a Blue Lambo. Sure enough I hear the Tubi exhaust well before I see the car. A fun drive is had back to his place to pick up his wife swap car and doing the banking. By this time it's 11am and I need to get out of Dodge back to NSW.

Anyway here is the car the day I picked it up.

After a long drive home.
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote