Thread: M030 Suspension
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #7
evomind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
Price went up massively for an S manual transmission m030 ROW once the prefab kits from Porsche were depleted from the warehouses. The US m030 is no longer available as a kit -they have been out for some time now- thus similarly very expensive to piece together.
This price change on the ROW kits occurred about 2 mos ago at Sunset, between them initially putting together a quote for me, and my decision to go ahead about a week later, just in time for them to revise their quote to almost double.

But one can order the m030 ROW for an automatic and either accept the stiffer rear springs (the only difference the manual kit), or order also the rear springs for the manual separately from the kit. Sunset was out of both kits so no help there, but luckily the competition was not

I bought this (kit + struts)even though my struts are not yet shot, because it was looking like my last chance at a good deal on something I was bound to need eventually. I actually don't necessarily want the higher spring rates of the m030 nor the ROW lowering, but I look forward flatter cornering with the new m030 sways. Anyone upgrade just the sways, and if so, were you pleased with the result?
Yeah, I hear ya....Ill probably pony up.
The stiffer rear springs will probably reduce wheel hop too.
evomind is offline   Reply With Quote