View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #7
pothole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tinker View Post
The only way I could push on the hoses and hold the clamps to tighten was from the bottom which means you have to remove the 2 x diagonal cross members and alloy plate under the gearbox. This was the knuckle grazing, sweat inducing part which took over an hour in 35 deg C temps just to connect the pipework.
Some people can get the clamps / pipes on from the boot (trunk), but I couldn't get enough play on the pipes to accomplish this.

This is what is confusing me.

From another thread here, one guy removed three pipes from inside the trunk/boot connecting the the tank to the feed-through plate, attaching them to the new tank as he went along:

I'm struggling to understand why you would disconnect them from inside the engine compartment. From what I can see, there's only one that you must deal with from inside the engine compartment. But obviously I haven't done the job yet. But am just confused by apparently contradicting advice that variously says you need to get underneath, you can do it all from the top, you need to drain all the coolant, you just drain the tank, you disconnect all the pipes in the engine compartment, you only disconnect one pipe inside the engine compartment.