View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #11
Perfectlap

Zaino is a very good product. But after using theirs, and literally every other big name I can tell you that most of these products at the high end are nearly identical. I think I could buy another Boxster (okay maybe a roller LOL) with the left over detailing products I've acumulated. Nearly all mail order boutique brands. And on the other side are the things that are about a 1/3 cheaper and this is no BS, do virtually the same job. In other words I can put forward two identical cars, prep'd equally (that's the key) and you could not tell the expensive treatment from the middle tier product line. The difference is down to concentration. You simply have to use a bit more elbow grease with the less expensive stuff, but you'll get there just the same and it won't take you a whole extra half day either. Frankly, you can't sell things that are too concentrated to the general public or they will try to polish their canvas tops with carnauba wax. That's a big reason why the over-the-counter stuff is milder but still effective.

there are only a few products that I feel are 'proprieatry' meaning their's is the only brand that can produce that result. One is the FK 425 polymer spray I mentioned above, and you can probably lump Klasse All in One in there too. Many many uses for that product, not many proucts have that kind of versatility. Other than that, it's just a matter of putting enough time in with the clay bar so that the surface is super squeaky clean, that you've addressed the swirling with an agrresive polish. After that most sealants do largely the same job and most waxes, carnauba or sythetic, will give you wet gloss. No need to spend $50 on a 4 oz tin of wax. And There's no reason to fill up a boutique brand's online shopping cart with $250 worth of products or any need to buy 6 different products for their "method". Those guys are clever, they know we spare no expense for our babies. Instead, save your money and put it towards high quality buffing and polishing towels. This is where all the damage acutally occurrs (and over-detailing of paint). The going rate for a good towel is $3 each. I've yet to see a towel that won't swirl your paint for $1 or $2 unless you're combining a bunch of steep discount codes during a sale.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-28-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote