View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #8
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodabear View Post
Its taken me a long time to realize this but the honest truth is that for street only use you really should not be driving such that you'd ever need sticky tires, unless of course you want to end up like Paul Walker. My recommendation is to find the proper speed rated tires in the proper sizes with reasonable tread wear >=300. All buying sticky low wear tire accomplishes is having to buy another set real soon and more $ for the tire guys. It's a money making scam as far as I'm concerned.

If your looking for dual use tires, that's a different story.
No Sticky tires for street use, whats the fun in that?

Even for safety sake on the street the extra traction could not hurt, but since most of us bought a Sports Car, its likely that we will drive in a spirited fashion now and then.

I have been using the Hankook V12's for daily use and a few auto crosses and I have discovered that it has excellent wet performance as well.

The treads have held up for 2 years now and still may have another year in them for daily use.

In retrospect I'd like even more stickiness for Auto-X and am thinking about the Hankook RS-3 for next time.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote