View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
Crono0001

What I got to play with this past weekend!

Hey guys! Thought I'd drop in what went down this past weekend. I was in Vegas with my brother and some friends. Boy, did we have a blast!

Some teasers:

Basically we were testing out some supercars to rent for the weekend for my brother's Bachelor party. Got to drive an F430, Murcielago Spyder, Aston Martin DB9, and a base Gallardo. Ended up with the Gallardo.

Got some beer in the process:

We all brought along our own cars (save me, I was driving brother's 911 Turbo), and boy did we have a blast. Took the cars up to Red Rock Canyon and had turns driving each other's vehicles. Among the convoy was a souped up E90 M3, a stock Jaguar XF Supercharged, and my brother's souped up 996TT.

I could talk all day about the other cars, but let's just talk about the Lambo (because you all probably want to hear about that, and it was the car we went to the rentals for anyways).
Man, was this thing the center of attention. The noise alone was sex, and we purposely got it because of the bright *stare at me* green and the rapper-style wheels. We couldn't drive anywhere without turning heads and getting our photos taken. Guess that's what being a rockstar feels like. Just driving down the strip, people would wave, kids would jump up and down, and people pulled out phones to take photos.
As for driving experience, I can't say it was too great. It was actually the *slowest* car in our convoy. Visibility was extremely poor, the handling was kinda shoddy, and the tiptronic gearbox (all they had) was really slow and dumb. The interior felt like it was almost kit-car'ed together. The leather was good quality, but it just didn't feel solid. Nothing like the F430, Aston Martin, or Jaaaag. On par with the M3 and the 911. To be fair, the car is a rental, so it probably got whore'd around a lot. Plus, I'm almost sure it had piston rings or something bad, because it would constantly puff blue smoke and reek of oil after hard revving (and there was a lot of hard revving).

Overall, I've concluded that you don't buy a Lamborghini for the driving experience. You might buy it for the straight line speed (the Jaguar left it in the dust), but the real reason you buy a Lamborghini is for the flash; for the "STARE AT ME, I DEMAND YOUR ATTENTION" curves and the "HEAR ME ROAR" engine note.
16 Mercedes C450 AMG
22 Tesla Model X Plaid
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote