View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #7
uladzislau

Thanks for the advise, I've checked the Porsche P/N my manual, then found it on ******************************************** and grabbed the Bosch P/N. Ordered and got the right parts from Amazon yesterday, it's Bosch 13806. Square connectors, exactly what I had before installed. Taking out the old sensors was royal PITA but soaking in PB Blaster overnight and then driving about 10 miles around to heat up the pipes int the morning did the trick and I was able to pull the sensors out. Installation the new once was by far easier ;-). Just don't install it into hot pipe, let it cool.

Now about the soldering. As far as I know it's very not advisable to solder O2 sensor wiring together because of two things: 1. It's very high temp area and soldering can get undone overtime. 2. Soldering will most likely kill the sensor the same way as I did with mine - by shrinking wire tubing and blocking air channel to the sensor. If the sensor is working for you then you are real lucky. I strongly advise to get OBDII O2 readings and make sure you get correct numbers out of the soldered sensor.
uladzislau is offline   Reply With Quote