View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #14
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davev View Post
Slate- my question was more about horsepower robbing smog parts. We don't do emissions around here. Some cars have special models for the CA market that are different for all other states. I would avoid those.

So now the issue is- since the 986 is built to meet even the worst (most stringent) state emissions standards- there must be some modifications some of us can do to remove those extra items. But thats a subject for another day.
I did the 2nd Cat deletes, There are 4. 2 in the headers and another 2 downstream that have no Sensors in them.

The 2 downstream sensorless 2ndary cats can be easily removed and still pass CA smog standards.

The 2nd Cat delete frees up some restriction along with my aftermarket Top Speed mufflers and improves the exhaust note and improves the throttle responsiveness on my 2001 "S".

2nd cat deletes tubes are an easy job ~$200 also from Top Speed.

I love the exhaust note and throttle response now.

Search "2nd cat delete" on the DIY page and you will see lots of info on this with pictures etc.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 02-17-2014 at 09:18 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote