View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
jc986

I bought some items but wasn't happy and return some. I needed a new shift knob with boot so I ordered one from eagleday. I thought I'd be getting the knob and boot with the U-shaped frame but the U-frame was not included when I received it. Instead there were vague instructions basically telling me to disassemble the old boot from the U frame and then cut holes in the new boot for the clips underneath and reattach with cement glue. In addition to that, the shift knob insert, which costs an extra $25 had scratches and stipple marks in it and had obviously been used and poorly repainted. I didn't want to put recycled parts into my Porsche so I returned it and bought a nicer shifter on ebay.
The other thing I ordered but wasn't happy with was the trunk emblem. They list a 2013+ 981 emblem - the new Boxster emblem for $46. There is also the addition of the "PORSCHE" word emblem - if you want this it says +$22. I assumed $46 for boxster emblem and an additional $22 for the "Porsche" emblem. But for $68 all I received was the "Porsche" emblem and no Boxster emblem. I sent email asking about this and the recycled shifter and they only replied that the emblem they sent was correct; not a word about the shifter.
I was not happy so returned the shifter and they quietly refunded my money. I did keep the Porsche emblem and was lucky enough to find a Boxster emblem here on the forum for a great price.
Overall, I guess I would say a "neutral" experience, but I probably won't be ordering anything else from them again.
jc986 is offline   Reply With Quote