View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #11
jc986

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
jc986 how flexible is the filler ? How is it applied ? Do you use a brush or flat blade or ? Your seats look great I'm just wondering if the filler will last with getting in/out of the car and exposure to the sun. But I guess if you keep leather conditioner on it they should remain soft. My new to me S has black leather seats and the bolsters have some cracks/wear lines like your picture shows and I may try this. Thanks for posting.
rfuerst911sc,
once the filler is dry it has the same flexibility as leather. It's actually made to fill cracks and rips. It's supposed to be applied with a flat plastic spatula tool, which I ordered along with the filler and dye, but I ended up using my gloved fingers to apply the filler because I had so many cracks. There are 2 kinds of filler, the regular leather filler and Finishing filler. Made of the same stuff but the finish filler is thinner, kind of the same consistency as Elmer's Glue.
You should try it before getting your seats reupholstered, it will only cost you about a hundred bucks and some time. If you do it and have any questions I will be glad to help.
jc986 is offline   Reply With Quote