View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 08:51 PM   #9
jc986

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
Very nice. Thanks for posting. I'm going to try this.. Rational is simple.

If it doesn't work, I purchase new covers or used seats (again) so I'm out the cost of the new seats +$100. If it holds up, I'm out $100. Even if I have to do it again in a year or two, who cares?

At some point it's just tough to spend $800-$1,200 on used seats for a $9,000 car.
Thanks everyone for the comments.
dghii, that's exactly what I thought too, couldn't make them look worse, and was going to cover or reupholster, so I figured try this first, if I screw it up I'd just get some covers, but they turned out great. If you're going to do it just take your time, and start with 400 grit sand paper. Go light with the sanding, you're not going to sand out the cracks and creases, just smoothing the surface. The cracks get filled in with the leather filler, and that stuff is sandable once it's dry. Go in layers and allow drying time, you'll be surprised at how well your seats will begin to look.
I still have a lot of filler left over - I ordered 8 oz. - too much for 2 seats. You'll probably only need 2 oz. unless your seats are worse than mine. Good luck, let me know if u have any questions, I'd be glad to help you if I can.
jc986 is offline   Reply With Quote