View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #26
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 993innc View Post
Been looking around and have found some that don't use spacers. Elephant Racing has a set that is like a tie rod, it threads in/out instead of shims for adjustment. Any comments on that style either way? In theory, seems like the perfect way to go. Infinite adjustment without the need for shims or other "loose" parts.
I can't see any significant difference between shimmed or threaded types of LCA's. Shims come in varying thickness and often require more than one to achieve the desired camber. Also, the shims are somewhat expensive and can be easily lost in a tool box. It is hard to tell but I wonder if the threaded type might be vulnerable to dirt/muck getting onto the exposed portion of the thread and might be hard to adjust after a few years. Pick your poison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 993innc View Post
As for the rear, simply lower the car. Camber is achieved via the concentric in the lower arm, I'll need to get new toe links, correct? Or do I have to replace all of the arms back there with adjustables?
Yes, lower the car and you'll need new adj rear toe links. Most folks do not use rear adj LCA's.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 01-28-2014 at 07:38 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote