View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #9
seningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
If you are tracking you should also do the underdrive pulley so that you dont overheat your power steering pump.

I removed the second cats on my 01 S and added some after market mufflers and the improvement in responsiveness to throttle inputs is very nice. No lag at all now, it just responds instantly.

It just feels like it leaps off the line and meshing into 2nd sometimes squawks the tires when everything its timed right. It feels really good and fast now.

Its the single best mod, bang for the buck with TopSpeed mufflers and second cats delete pipes for only $550 and an easy DIY job. It also sounds fantastic too.

I'll be doing the underspeed pulley next as that also gives you some extra HP on top of saving your steering pump.

With 9 quarts of oil already and the S's big oil cooler I dont know that extra oil cooling is needed. I think the oil sump baffles and accu sump might be better options if you are doing lots of fast high g cornering to keep the oil circulating properly.

thanks for the tips.

I think the 0.5QT with a baffle is for cornering issues -- the 1/2qt extension gives it just enough under banking to keep the screen covered -- or so I read :-)

I have heard others are happy with the under drive pulley as well and
I like the idea of changing out the muffler -- mine has a tad bit of a rattle to
it -- so it's probably past its prime anyways (or so I will tell myself).

I've also got a tip to add more camber up front my modifying the strut receiver.

I'm adding the BK roll over extension with pads (found a set lightly used).

thanks,

Mike
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote