View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 04:37 AM   #12
Nimbus117

I ran my cables slightly differently.

From the head unit, I ran left (as I have a right hand drive car), down the side under the carpet and removed the plastic oddments tray on the door sill and ran it with another wiring loom underneath. Then I removed the cover that houses the seat belt, ran it upwards - this keeps it well clear of the engine covers. I then put the roof into service mode, removed the rear speaker shelf and fed the wires under the carpet and rain channel under the clamshell. I made a hole in a grommet just below and left of the 3rd brake light which feeds into the rear trunk, then ran the cable underneath the carpet until I found another grommet at the rear of the trunk. I then removed one of the number plate lights and used a piece of wire to pull the cables through, drilled the hole, fed the cables through then finished up.

A word of warning, the trunk floor gets very hot and the connector failed internally after a couple of months. The wires are ok but keep the camera plug up the side where it's cooler.

If you just want the camera view when you reverse, then power it from the reverse lights. If you want to be able to switch to reverse view when driving forwards you have to connect the camera to an ignition controlled feed, the reverse trigger to the head unit is connected as normal. This will automatically switch to reverse view when you select reverse but also allow you to manually switch to reverse view when travelling forward as the camera receives power whenever the ignition is on.

Last edited by Nimbus117; 12-09-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Nimbus117 is offline   Reply With Quote