View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammonman View Post
Hi all,

Porsche owner but Boxster newb here with a quick question. I'm looking for a base car to AX/DE for a year or two while turning it into a Spec car. Is it worth finding a car with the ABS/TC option as a base for a spec build? I get the impression the system is more a"nanny" for inexperienced/lazy drivers rather than something performance oriented.

Thanks

Mike
If you want to call it a nanny well look at it this way the second the ABS starts to cut in, you're braking too much and you can still lift a little, no harm no fowl. You didn't slide the tires and end off track, you didn't cost yourself $300-400 flat spot your front tires. Popping off the brakes too fast didn't put the car sideways. My opinion is it is a great tool that cost little or nothing. I look at it as an insurance policy until you have experience

As you gain experience and can feel those point with out PSM stop using it.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote