View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
Kirk

One thing to note, the TuneRS bearing shaft still has the o-ring in the shaft like stock, but the threaded portion is a much larger diameter to make the shaft much stronger than stock. They also use a two o-ring system to seal the shaft against the DOF cover.

When installing the snap ring on the bearing I placed a nut and bolt on the end of the bearing flange just to help make sure the snap ring didn't go flying off into the engine.

Now TuneRS says to grind out the place where the oil hose will connect to the DOF flange. You can go to your local hardware store, like I did, and pick up some of these $6 rotary files to make this job easy.

I ended up going an even easier route though. I took the bearing flange off, installed some set screws to help guide the DOF flange, and I test fitted the DOF flange and marked off precisely where I would need a hole. I then just drilled out the hole working up progressively from small drill bits up to 5/8" final. It only took me then about 30 minutes to test fit, mark, and drill the hole for the oil line.

1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote