View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Kirk

Install of TuneRS DOF for IMS Bearing

Wow, lots of debate about the new TuneRS Direct Oil Feed (DOF) system for the IMS bearing over in this thread:

Pedros Techno DOF IMS fix?

Details on the product are here:

DIRECT OIL FEED (DOF) FOR IMS BEARINGS | TuneRS Motorsports

I'm not going to add to the debate in this thread, instead I'm going to show the install on one of my personal vehicles, discuss my impressions of the system, and share some insight into how to make the install easier.

I plan to install a kit on my Gemballa 2000 Boxster S as funds permit, but for now I installed a TuneRS DOF kit on my TechArt 2003 Carrera 4S instead. This car is nice: turbo brakes, turbo AWD, full leather, carbon fiber interior bits, Fabspeed exhaust bypass, TechArt body kit, TechArt coilovers, stereo system, etc. When doing a risk versus cost analysis on this car I felt it is certainly worth $800 to make sure I have no engine issues with the IMS bearing. I plan to keep this car for a couple decades, so this is an investment in peace of mind for me.

Here is the car as it sat, just before I dropped the transmission.

1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914

Last edited by Kirk; 11-26-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote