View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
Parker986

Well, it seems like human nature that we write about things that go wrong, and when things go right, we are happy, but do nothing.

So, in an attempt to do the opposite, I would like to give a shot at explaining about all that went right.

First off, when I bought my 986 in late Sep, I knew that I needed to replace the OEM tires on my '03. I love the look of larger wheels, so I began looking for 18" wheels, just one inch larger than my stock wheels.

A fellow forum member van914, and resident of my city, has Race, Inc. 808 wheels. He was great about sharing info on where he purchased them and had them mounted.

So, I started on my quest to find out about these wheels. I found some not so good reviews about Wheel Dynamics on another forum. So, I was hesitant. However, others recommended I contact Eli at Wheel Dynamics. I did, and I can't begin to say enough about my experience with Wheel Dynamics. Eli always answered my calls. My wheels arrived in perfect condition, and with wheel caps. They are beautiful.

My Michelin Pilot Super Sports were ordered from Tire Rack and delivered to Performance Alignment in Cincinnati. Bill, owner, was also terrific. His shop closes at 6:30pm, but he stayed until after 7pm mounting my wheels & tires, then completing an alignment.

The car drives great, the wheels look great. Pics to follow soon. Thanks you to all forum members that graciously assisted me on my quest.

'03 Boxster S Lapis Blue
'06 BMW 550i Jet Black
Parker986 is offline   Reply With Quote