View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #9
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmike View Post
964 values have shot up recently. They have closed the gap to the 993, which makes the 993 the better choice (in my opinion).

You will spend $5-$8K on a buying a "new" to you old Porsche to bring it to standard. Factor that in. You'll spend money in places on the 993 that you take for granted with your Boxster (headlights, suspension, etc.).

The Boxster S is by far the best value of all of them (expect maybe a 1999 - 2004 era 911).

Best advise - stay put and save some cash and maybe invest it (it's OK, your allowed).

ALSO - I am not trolling, but my 5 year old is looking over my shoulder and wants the troll: :troll:

/

This. Unless you stumble into a heckuva deal with updates already performed (Fatmike was close; $3k for suspension if you DIY, toss in $2k for misc items) a 964 or 993 won't be "a bargain". 964's are still less money but there's a reason 993's cost more, they're cooler . It's your money / car, buy the one you like best.

Air Cooled Cars; Upside is obviously residual value, most likely to continue appreciating while water cooled P-Cars will continue to drop like rocks in comparison.

My 2 takes;

-Don't unnecessarily sink more money into a depreciating car.
-Don't take out a loan for a toy.

Easy to state the above, I wish I would of followed that advice myself years back and invested more instead.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote