View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #160
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
I can step outside the door of my office, walk out into the factory where I work and see THOUSANDS of examples where the science behind the direct oil feed system is working today, right now, and has been working here since 1973, 24 hrs/day, 350 days/year. This is nothing new and there are thousands of factories around the world the same as mine. The APPLICATION of this lubrication technology is new to the IMS problem, but this is not, by any stretch, a new idea or new technology or new science. Direct oil lubrication of a ball bearing is very old and very well proven. It is not going to ruin your bearing. It is not going to make your AOS explode. It's just going to lubricate the bearing, reduce wear, and make it run cooler.

Kirk Bristol
Yes, proven indeed however it requires "SAE" oil and it to be surgically clean. How on earth are you applying this to a IC motor often contaminated with fuel and glycol exactly?!

The seal on your IMS bearing is made of edacrylonitrile butadiene in case one needs to use science to make sense of things. The other questions you may want to ask yourself is why it is sealed per design, and what eats the seal off the bearing, again, before you think about giving it more of what may destroyed it at first place.

Again, change your oil frequently, have your MAF/O2 air and fuel distribution spot-on and your bearing will work perfectly as designed and will live forever like on thousands of other pcars.

So simple