View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #19
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudsurfer View Post
First off, if you can avoid it, do not get your own company involved, as then it shows as a claim on your loss record (regardless of who winds up actually paying for what).

Second, you should always make a claim for diminished value. How hard you have to fight for that will vary, of course. The last one I had, which involved a hotel valet, I had to sue the hotel for damages because their bottom of the barrel insurance company wanted to repair the car with used and/or "reconditioned" parts and offered me $100 for diminished value. Of course, it certainly helped when they didn't even show up for court so I won in 5 minutes LOL

As to your car, I doubt you have any suspension damage, though it's going to be a bit of a messy repair to pull that quarter out, and it will leave the car with a lessened value (since it wasn't just a bumper, for instance).
Still insist on an alignment at a minimum. They will certainly not deny that. Maybe even have that rim checked for straightness?
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote