View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 02:52 AM   #19
Parker986

I decided I should go listen to speakers yesterday, as several members have recommended. I searched the web for the best rated car stereo shops in Cincy. The first place only had Focal speakers and the guy never offered to let me listen to any speakers, and had to go to the computer to figure out what could be installed in my car.

The second place had a huge set up of mostly JL Audio and Alpine, but no one was there on Saturdays to talk audio, only window tinting. When I asked to listen to the speakers they said their circuit board was blown and nothing worked.

Needless to say, my quest was a wasted trip.

I had decided to put in a single DIN, a Pioneer DEH-80PRS. While I love the looks of the double DINs, I want to try to keep the cost under $1,500, and keep the car stock looking.

My next quest is to find the best 4" speakers I can find. I have been trying to find what others have installed like, MB Quartz PVI-210, Boston Acoustics, or JL Audio. But, either I am not searching correctly, or they have been discontinued. I have a feeling that component speakers are the way to go over coaxial speakers for quality sound. Seems like Focal K2 100KRS at $650 is the most likely choice, although, I have read reports that those sound quite bright, especially bouncing off the windshield.

I am thinking I should spend the majority of my budget on the dash speakers and an amp. May keep existing door speakers, and probably will not have enough funds to replace any of the speakers in the Bose rear speakers boxes.

Are there any other considerations for 4" component speakers?

'03 Boxster S Lapis Blue
'06 BMW 550i Jet Black

Last edited by Parker986; 11-03-2013 at 04:02 AM. Reason: spelling
Parker986 is offline   Reply With Quote