View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #12
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinster View Post
Personally, I rely on my ABS brakes to stop my car, not my tyre. Your tyres would have to be catastrophically bad for the car to keep sliding forward during a braking maneuver.
Take a Porsche Performance Driving school and you will change your mind about this statement.

You can stop a Boxster faster by modulating your brakes to just before the ABS kicks in.

There are a few counter intuitive maneuvers for collision avoidance in the Boxster, that you will learn on the PPDS course.

Knowing the limits of your car and noticing the warnings that indicate impending loss of traction will keep you out of bad situations.

Sticky tires are good since your in full control when you are attached to the ground, and that allows you to avoid bad things in your path without crashing into or spinning out after the avoidance.

Just sayin that the PPDS course is a real eye opener and allow you to drive with much more confidence and give you the skills to avoid collisions and loss of control even on wet, soapy pavement, plus its incredibly fun and you'll make some new friends.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote