View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #81
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby View Post
Kirk, It sounds like you've made your mind up. I believe that decisiveness is a key to anything, so it looks like stage 1 is complete for you.

Charles and I had our version of the DOF in 2007, the studies that we did then, and the data that we collected are the reasons why we do not support a DOF when being utilized with the LN Ceramic hybrid bearing.

Jake, you are right that my mind is made up about the DOF. What I do will most definitely include the DOF. My big question is what kind of bearing will the DOF be spraying oil on??? I called Mike at TuneRS today and I am awaiting bearing data from him for what he offers. He made it clear though that he is not trying to sell a bearing solution. He is trying to sell a lubrication solution and leaving the bearing question mostly up to others. Your response though still leaves me looking for an answer. So you tested the DOF and found it unsuitable for your ceramic bearing, but WHY, WHY, WHY??? What is the reason, what did the data show? Doesn't the quote that Charles Navarro gave apply here?

Christopher Hitchens - "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

You make me think that there is no good reason not to do this by not supplying one.

Kirk Bristol
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote