View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Parker986

Still really having a difficult time getting all the answers I was hoping for on replacing my '03 Bose MOST CDR23 system with rear Bose subwoofer deck. I am having a heck of a time trying to find that had this exact system and replaced it.

Heck, I even struck out with Crutchfield. Here's their response on my current setup.

"Hello,
Our info is a little limited on the vehicle as the research we have only shows speakers in the dash and doors and no info on the rear speakers, but it sounds like you are willing to do the custom install and fabricate and modify the openings as needed. We don’t list anything about fiber optic wiring in the vehicle, but if you replace the speakers and want to add an amp you will need to rewire the speakers. Sorry we didn’t have better news on that.

For the receiver I would start with something like the Kenwood DPX500BT. It sounds very good, has Bluetooth, aux and USB inputs, and plenty of flexibility on adding amps. You can check it out here: ....."

So, if anyone knows of anyone that had this system and replaced it, could you please provide info? Thanks

'03 Boxster S Lapis Blue
'06 BMW 550i Jet Black
Parker986 is offline   Reply With Quote