Thread: 986 S vs 996
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacabean View Post
This is so true , after hanging around on the 911 forum I find they wrench much less on their own cars vs 986 forum members and this lack of knowledge really shows how little a lot of them know. I told a member that the 986 S has the same brakes as a 996 c2 and he thought that was not possible .
The air cooled guys do mostly their own wrenching and it is mainly suspension related, the guys I have gotten to know are great and would do anything to help another member out. I have yet to meet one who I would consider snobbish in any way.

From what I have seen over the past couple of years (and this isn't a jab, I know many are sensitive here) there is rarely a reason to get into the motor, not kidding. I had delved fairly deeply into both of the Porsches I have owned, my 1996 993 is built like a freakin tank compared to the '02 Boxster S I owned for 6 years, absolutely no comparison.

Regarding the upgrade it is simple (regardless of whether the car suits your needs); in Porsche terms, or any other make I can think of, when you spend more money you are upgrading.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote