View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Parker986

I have spent 2 days searching threads on replacing Bose stereo, please help.

I honestly have spent two of my vacation days this week researching how and what people of various Porsche forums have done to replace their Bose stereo system. I searched this forum, Rennlist, Renntech, Pelican Parts, and then Crutchfield & Rod, the owner of some audio shop that specializes in Porsche car stereo systems trying to figure out what owners of 2003 CDR23 head units and the MOST system are replacing their system with.

I read about lots and lots of replacements. Seems like Kenwood head units and Focal speakers are the preferred brands. However, I have not read specifically what owners of the same year I have and that darn MOST systems have done.

If anyone can answer these questions I would greatly appreciate it.
- What do I replace first, speakers or head unit & amp? Or is it all or nothing?
- I think Alpine or Focal speakers are the right way to go for the in-dash speakers. I know I need to modify the housing brackets. One over the other?
- Are those speakers in my door subwoofers? I thought my subwoofer was behind the seats?
- I really don't want to modify the doors to put larger speakers, so what is the best replacement option? Please be specific.
- I am willing to replace the amp, but I want to put the new one anywhere but the in the existing place at the amp.
- What head unit? Best one for the existing space, and the best one if I do the double DIN.

I really appreciate your help.

'03 Boxster S Lapis Blue
'06 BMW 550i Jet Black
Parker986 is offline   Reply With Quote