View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
Boxsterbobby

I had the "dead battery" problem today on my Boxster (lack of use). I tried using a good donor battery (from my Audi) with -ve to the the door latching point and +ve to the pull out terminal in the fuse board. Bonnet (hood) would still not open. Could not locate the emergency pull cable in the wheel arch despite completely removing the wheel and inner arch. However after consulting with a brilliant mechanic electrician the fix took less than 2 minutes.
Remove the ignition fuse (30Amp). We then clamped a piece of wire with an inline 5Amp fuse under the +ve lead attached to pullout terminal and the other end to the fuse board ignition terminal. Turn the ignition key to the first position, the ignition lights up, you can pop the bonnet open, and stop the alarm horn in seconds. However, do not attempt to start the car at this stage as the wiring cannot take it.I accept no responsibilty for any damage if u try this. It worked for me and would have saved all the messing about under the wheel arch
Boxsterbobby is offline   Reply With Quote