View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #9
dmairspotter

Yeah, the RMS and IMSB are unrelated. They had done all the labor to get in there, so I asked them to do it while they were. Same with the clutch components. They all had some life left. I was thinking of doing the IMSB over the winter for my peace of mind and since the car was going to be laid up for a while with the rear wheel bearing I decided to bite the bullet and get the whole job done.

It cost significant money, but I am fortunate to be able to afford it. The P car is a very nice object, and I like to treat it well.

As far as the indy shop thing a few comments. They did no work I did not specifically ask them to do. I trust them to be competent. If they had brought something else to my attention, I would have probably had them do it too. I mentioned they were indy as a point of interest only, as in not the dealer. As far as adding the reputable shop part, there are indys and there are indys. Taking your car to Jake Raby (for instance) is quite different than taking your car Jiffy Lube, I though it might be of interest to anyone reading the thread where the work was done. Glad it brought you amusement. I didn't post the name because I didn't know if it was allowed on the forum.

If anyone wants to talk with me about the shop, PM me and I'll get back to you.
dmairspotter is offline   Reply With Quote