View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #25
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
Heck yeah I would do it all over again. I have driven over 220,000 miles in the Jägermobile, and I can’t imagine not having a Boxster in the stable for the rest of my life. It might be a newer model in ten years but the way this car keeps going, who knows???
I was just thinking about the newer model thing but folks now still buy Porsches from the 70's, 80's, 90's without qualms so who is to say that 10 or 20 years from now the 986 might be a pretty desirable cool car to be driving around, like a 356 is now. (On top of the already great fun it is for those who have one already)

I'm not sure I like the look of the newest models anyway, as I appreciate the smooth flowing lines over the angular hard look.

They seem to last eternally in the hands of enthusiasts and if they do get banged up, then they a good pickings for the racing crowd.

I wonder if a Porsche has ever gone to the metal crusher for recycling for just its metal value?

Seems like parting out and selling the remainder as a roller is more than its scrap metal value.

PS: Yaa, I'd buy another Boxster S again, its just too much fun to drive and once youve tasted that its hard to go back to a boring drive.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 09-13-2013 at 06:44 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote