View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
jacabean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBBOXSTER View Post
Thanks to everyone for replies...I have looked at it for two days...Cannot figure out any way to get the old pipe out with the inlet manifolds in - OR GET THE NEW ONE IN! My 2000 2.7 has totally rigid pipe with flexible part at O/S end not like the photo - if it were I'd have it done now. Given up - put my bodged broken pipe back onto the AOS (I superglued it with an internal rubber hose that fitted for about 3 inches length) Trouble is the flow for these 3 inches is reduced to about 6-8mm diameter so was worried about vapour flow, etc. Got it all back and it works with no failed AOS cloud. I have wasted £45 on a pipe I cannot get in lol another example of poor design on a Boxster - add to that the coolant expansion tank layout (did that job too!) Why on earth aren't mid engine cars built like the old days - with a tiltable rear end so engine plus gearbox can be got at? The answer is; So Porsche can force owners to go to them. Still cannot moan the AA guy said "the engine is broken"
try to make a coupling . find some cooling hose that will fit and hose clamp it back together. In the boxster 101 book the author did that with the upper hose .
jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote