View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
gavinyuill

For a first DE, you will probably not be pushing the car too hard, but as others have mentioned braking and cooling are all important.

Check your pads - at least 50% of pad material remaining. Could be worth taking a spare set for the front if you are there for the whole weekend. Nothing worse than having to go home early because of using up your brakes.

Change the brake fluid - ATE Super Blue or 200 (same stuff different color)

Check your coolant levels and the coolant cap - make sure you have the 04 cap, as the earlier versions have a fault and can leak - ask me how I know.

Take or borrow a tire gauge at the track and ask your instructor for help with setting pressures. You want to start off low when cold - maybe 28 psi so that they get to mid 30s when hot.

Take spare fuel, unless it is available at the track. You will burn through a tank in about two hours of track time.

As for numbers, take some blue painters tape to put the number on the car - no need for vinyl numbers unless you start hitting the track pipe hard.

Have fun - it's a slippery slope - I started DEing about 18 months ago and now have a dedicated track car and will be racing next season.
gavinyuill is offline   Reply With Quote