View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #3
jsceash

Garage
I f you have not driven the car don't throw the verdict on the clutch good or bad. The clutch in all the Boxsters I've driven are all tight and hard to push. Mine will wear your leg out in stop and go traffic, and is less than 2 years old. Every one I've driven has to be on the floor to start. This include 2 Caymans S, 4 to 8 Base Boxsters, and 8 to 12 Boxster S models. I've instructed at auto cross events for novices to demonstrate the line and braking. I've test driven a dozen or more last fall looking for a new car. My original feeling was just like yours on my first clutch I change it and it was actually worse after the change.

Drive the car if you can detect a rpm change when you jump the throttle without a speed change the clutch is going. If you jump the throttle a couple time spiritedly and notice a foul acrid odder you may have a bad clutch. Any noise depressing the clutch could be a pressure plate or throw out bearing.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote