View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
trimer
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave S. View Post
I just had mine done on my 03 with about 26k miles. I also had them change the rear main seal, clutch and serpentine belt since they were in there regardless if it looked like they needed it.
I figured the clutch and LN bearing and RMS would need to be serviced again at the same interval (50k more miles) anyway, and I had them check the water pump while they had the serpentine belt off. Good luck and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with the IMSB upgrade. (BTW- My bearing showed no signs of degradation, but I'm still glad I did it).
Yeah, I am looking forward to it as well. Hate to spend the money and I am certain my current oem IMS will come back flawless, but tomorrow that could change. Hell, I am actually nervous driving it there as they are about 20 miles away. wouldnt that be just the luck if the IMS fails on the way to have it replaced! I am hoping they dont see much else but this group worked on my 02 boxster and I trust that they will lead me in the right direction on any other items. they only work on P cars and audis and this guy has been in the business a long time. He is a racer as well and his private collection actually includes a boxster...along with some other realllllly nice old school 911s and a sweet 944 turbo. I literally could go sit at this guys shop for days on end and still be amazed at the cars he has in the shop he is working on.
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote