View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
batshapedheart

"New" Black Boxster Owner

So, I'm a "new" boxster owner, I say "new" cos I've had it since last December, but this is my official post as an owner in this forum.
I gotta admit that I don't know anything about cars and the reason I decided on a Boxster was because I asked a coworker which out of my options (Mercedez SLK, Nissan 350Z, Porsche Boxster) would get me laid with her.
I also wanted a car that looked like a Batmobile (don't we all?)
As my knowledge of cars was close to null, I didn't know what to look for at the time of purchase and I bought it on a whim w/o doing my homework.
But ever since then I've fallen deeply in love with my car.
Within the first months I had to change the brakes and 2 rotors ($900) and had to change the rear tires ($425) the expenses started piling up and I had a CEL that scared me to even ask what it was as The Collection charges $150 just to tell you what's wrong with it.
That's when the lightbulb turned on and after a couple searches I ended up in this forum.
Boy, has it helped! It has made my love for the car grow and now I see it with different eyes.
Now I've been able to see what the previous owner did to it. Something tells me it could have belonged to a woman (at least the last owner) as I found the air filter completely toast, as the air intake with more leaves than NY in autumn. That's why the car was giving me so much hesitation in the acceleration.
The car is deambered and the side markers are clear too. It no longer has the stock radio but a Pioneer radio that must have costed 1200 at time of purchase.
This is what i've done to the car since I found this forum:
Desnorkeled the air intake
Modded the side armrests with leather
Changed the air filter and cabin air filter
Washed the engine
Recharged the A/C
Mind you, I have NEVER done any kind of work in a car before in my life, all of this is making me feel so handy, lol.
I just placed an order for the things i'll need to change the oil, I also bought new center caps (black and chrome) and I'll Plasti Dip the wheels as well.
I also bought the brushed titanium emblem from Wheel Dynamics
THIS IS THE PART WHERE I'LL NEED YOUR HELP:
After watching the Drive Clean channel I've realized the paint is full of chips, dings and swirl marks.
I also scratched (please don't kill me) the car and i found that it already had Bondo there, so one of the previous owners already had an accident there.
SHOULD I REPAINT THE WHOLE CAR?
Or should I just get that part fixed and try to restore the rest? I'm not even sure that the rest is the original paint.
If so, how much should I expect to pay?
Thanks for your input and shout out to Johnny Danger and DrBodzin for the inspiration.
(wow that was a long post)
Here's some pics:

batshapedheart is offline   Reply With Quote