View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric523 View Post
I've purchased and installed a few sets of these. Happy with the fitment for an aftermarket Fiberglass part. Nearly a scuff, paint, and install. Used the factory hardware for install.

http://precisionporsche.com/gt3-side-skirts-34-pd.html
I purchased from this company as well. They have been on the car nearly 9 years.
Fit was not perfect. there was a gap on the passenger side. not huge but very obvious to someone who knows to look. But the cost was cheap. I paid $300. Too bad I over-payed on the painting but the color match was good and the paint has held up well.

P.S.
I would NOT recommend using a fiberglass rear bumper or front bumper if you drive the car daily. Fiberglass front and rear is fine for a show car or garage queen. The bumpers sit low to the ground and sooner or later your are going to bang into something like a high manhole cover, road kill, junk in the road, or come into contact with a steep driveway. Once fiberglass breaks, a fix to it will not last. it will crack again in the same place. especially on a convertible that rattles a lot.
Go with the factory GT3 bumper or a polyurethane aftermarket (so as long as the fit is good). I will be painting my factory polyurethane front bumper for the 4th time and the rear for the third time. If these were fiberglass forget it right in the dumpster bin.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote