View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #16
Allen K. Littlefield

[QUOTE=Meat Head;352537]I finally found the set of wheels that I’ve been wanting for my 986! I’ve been looking for a set of these Cayman S wheels for quite some time and it was quite a chore to find them in my price range (ended up paying $850 shipped to my door). They came with a nice set of Michelin Sport Pilots (at least ¾ tread still on). I wanted something that looks stock but gave the car a more aggressive stance. This is also the first pics I’ve posted of my Boxster. I love the wheels!..........What do you guys think?

I think they look just grand but have a question. I thought that the '98 Boxster could not handle the larger wheels and until the suspension was re enforced in '99 it was not a good idea to mount the larger wheels & tires. Did you beef up the suspension in any way or are you still with stock set up? Anyone else want to correct me or agree on this info. as I may be misinformed here.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote