View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster_S_girl View Post

The air-cooled, up-to-993 values have shot through the roof! I'm kicking myself for not buying up a near-perfect SC I test drove 10 years ago for $11,000! They're up to $20,000 now.
I think people who don't plan on selling short term worry too much about what their Porsche will be worth in the future. Especially all of water-cooled folks who buy their car only to freak out every time the odometer eats up $5K in resale. Most 993/964's despite a hot market have not recouped their original prices. But still they treat it like the Ferrari in Ferris Beuller's Day Off, a car that can never see the slightest hint of rain for fear of wrecking it and the longest drive is to go out for ice cream cones. That's what they bought a Porsche for? A sports car is something you're supposed to drive, so that gas mileage is terrible and tires never last. A sports car that sits like a Tiffany lamp 90% of the time isn't really a sports car anymore its more like a baseball card with wheels.
But that's the great thing about the Boxster/996/997 you MUST drive the wheels off it, you MUST enjoy it because tomorrow you'll be bartering it for a bar-b-q grill or hot tub.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 07-15-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote