View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #16
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofidleness View Post
Ahhh, see my idiot light doesn't come on at all (even just turning the key to the "on" position. It used to in the past every time. I didn't notice this before the top failed to go up that day.

Is the microswitch inside the transmission replaceable by itself or am I looking at a replacement transmission? If it is replaceable by itself, would you happen to know the latest part number for it? Is it replaceable without having to worry about all the "sync" issues between left and right if I don't operate it during the replacement process?
The transmission can be opened up to get access to the microswitch for replacement, but Porsche does not sell that microswitch by itself. So, there is no Porsche part number for that microswitch. You would have to remove the microswitch and try to get it matched up with a microswitch from an electronics parts supplier. (It's the same situation with the microswitches inside the door lock assembly).

If you don't operate the top (or more accurately, rotate the V-levers) during the replacement process, you won't have to deal with the synchronization issue. Synchronizing the two transmissions is relatively easy, as long as you pay attention to the orientation of the keyway behind the V-lever. It can only be installed two ways: the correct way and 180 degrees off.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote