View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Wasn't the switch. Darn.

If I use the manual procedure for raising the top - once I get it in working order, will the motor and cables will be in position to start working again?

Taking it to my mechanic tomorrow, then maybe parking it, cause I'm not sure I can afford to drive a Porsche this summer.
If you disconnect the pushrods and operate the top manually, the motor and V-levers will remain in the same position so that you will not have to make any adjustments to start operate it electrically again.

What year is your Boxster? Do you have the "A Version" or "B Version" transmissions and set up? Depending on the version, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to isolate the problem.

If your mechanic has a spare relay, make sure that it's the same version relay (i.e., if yours has black square on the top surface of the relay, make sure your mechanic's is not the version with the black triangle on it and vice-versa).

From your brief description and the replaced convertible latch microswitch assembly (2 microswitches in there), it sounds like you may have a dead spot on the electric motor. You can easily disconnect the plug to the electric motor and apply 12V power directly to the terminals and verify whether it's the electric motor. If you don't get any response applying 12V directly to it, tap the motor with a small hammer and that might "unstick" it.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote