View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Flavor 987S

I Won My "No Front Plate" Case Today!!!

I got a no front plate ticket in early May. Cop was going to give me a warning ticket only, that morning, but couldn't because I had received a warning (same stretch of road) in late May of 2012. So, 2 warnings in less than 12 months.

I paid the $120 on site that morning.

Arrive in the courtroom today in a little north-central Illinois town (Freeport) for my 2:30 bench hearing with the Judge.

A young state's attorney guy walks over to me as I sit down (court already in session) and introduces himself to me. Very nice guy. Reads the ticket, and says, "We dismiss these if they are fixed". I said great and handed him my 6 photographs showing how I installed the $149 Rennline tow-hook bracket with the plate.

2 minutes later I get called up to the bench with the Judge. He reads the charges, and turns to the SA. Young guys says they are dropping the charges since it's been corrected.

Judge says to me "do you agree". I say "yes sir". He says "dismissed". I say, "thank you". Done. I was out of there by 2:43

Here's the best part!

Then he says to me, "So, bummer you've got to put a front plate on that beautiful Poorsh". I say, "yes sir". And we both smile.

Clerk confirms my mailing address to send me my $120 back!!

Walking out of the courtroom the policewoman who issued me the tickets walks up and shakes my hand. Says "hello Mr. Muxxxxx, glad we could take care of that for you. How's that Poorsh doing?" I said, "great, dirty".

What a great day!:dance:

Should I have told the Judge and State Cop it's pronounced P O R S C H E ??? LOL!

Last edited by Flavor 987S; 06-25-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote