View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 05:56 AM   #12
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnoice View Post
Problem #2, driving a manual conflicts with our ability to drive, talk on the cell phone, drink our coffee, and eat a hamburger. (It might have said that in the article, but I did not read it, so I am going off the cuff)
There's the crux of the matter for the new generations, they need to interact with their media devices which is more difficult with a Manual.

I bought the Boxster as a true sports car, not a commuting box(although I do use it for that as well so I can get more driving time).
I enjoy the sport of driving and shifting is part of the fun.

although a computer can do it better, I want to have the fun myself. PDK paddle shifting sounds like a nice in between option for dual utility.

Also, to me, knowing that the engine is coupled to the drivetrain by a fluid makes me feel like I'm always losing something of the available HP, and in fact this is so, and why fuel milieage for Automatics is typically a few points lower than a manual.

For my manual Jeep Wrangler, knowing that I can push start my car if necessary is another bonus of manual. In a difficult situation in a remote area it can make the difference between life and death,(Zombie Apocalypse or dead battery in a bad neighborhood)
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 06-06-2013 at 06:00 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote