View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
jb92563

Don't pay a dime over 16k and with at least a 30 day money back guarantee at that price, NOT only a warranty. I'd say 13K -15k may be a fair price for those cars you mentioned, in CA.

If there is even a single drop of oil coming from the car I would drop the price another 1000 as something needs fixing.

There are plenty of Boxsters out there so you can afford to be very picky.

I paid 14500 for my 2001 S on a private sale and it was in perfect condition, 55k miles, not a drop of oil coming from it in the last year I owned and records to prove it was serviced regularly.

Don't forget that the Dealer probably picked the car up for 10k or less on a trade in.
They can afford to haggle down quite a bit.

How you haggle effectively is to SHOW the sales folks you are prepared to walk, so when you have them go back to "speak to the Manager", you get out of your seat and make sure they see you heading for the door.

Bring some ads from their competitors, some private sales or the blue book values printout.

You WILL need the money you saved to get something done eventually, and that typically happens in the first 1 year.

In my first year I needed Tires, Brake Fluid Flush and oil change...$800
On my list for the next year is a new starter and chain guides as the starter is noisy (Squeals) and my Timing is up against the spec limit, indicating worn chain guides. ~$1000
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote