View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckrikos View Post
I recently purchased a 986 s brake kit from someone parting out their boxster s. I'm getting the calipers, rotors, wheel carriers, and e brake lines. Now I know the fronts convert easily, but how about the rears. I assume I have all the parts, but I read somewhere there may be an issue with the abs sensor on the rear axle.
If you do any amount of part cross reference the brake pads for the rear of both the Boxster and S 1999 to 2004 are the same. The calipers and rotor differ slightly in the offset, so the carriers have to be replaced. With that also comes a question I could not get answered about the axle length. In the end I found No real benefit on swapping the rear brakes. The front is the only thing worth changing and they are a direct replacement. Pull the pads, calipers, and rotors and install the new set. Bleed and your done. I'd recommend 17" or larger wheels. My 17" Boxster S II wheels are close and could almost use spacers. My 18" OZ Alegeritta's have great clearence. I found the front swap very benificial, and had no bad effect on leaving the rear brakes alone.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote