Thread: Tiptronic P0733
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
darknight

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanebm View Post
First thread! 2000s 142,000 miles, fluid flush done according to zf manual about 5 months ago, rotor and pads 4 months ago, dead battery replaced with new battery 2 months ago, immobilizer issue 1 month ago, durametric 2 days ago confirming a P0733 code after phenomenal slipping into 3rd gear. Has anyone experienced this and have a way ahead they can point me? Fluid used was Pentosin ATF-1. Any help would be appreciated!
The Pentosin ATF-1 is the fluid that most ZF 5-speed autos use and is the same fluid that I use in my ZF auto five-speed Audis; I usually get it from auto haus az, as shipping is included on orders over $50.

For clarity sake, when you said that you performed a fluid flush according to the ZF manual, I'm assuming that you drained the fluid, dropped the pan, replaced the filter, reinstalled the pan, and refilled according the the manual. Sometimes, the filter replacement is overlooked and I cannot emphasize enough the importance of a fresh filter along with the appropriate new fluid.

Slipping is usually caused by either excessive clutch pack clearances (wear or improper clearances during a rebuild) or a lack of sufficient hydraulic pressure.
darknight is offline   Reply With Quote