Thread: 2000 or 2001
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
KevinH1990

I recommend that you access the car pricing web sites (New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews & Car Prices | Edmunds.com, N.A.D.A. Home Page, Official Kelley Blue Book New Car and Used Car Prices and Values) and put in the data and see what the price difference is. When I was searching for my car, I put all the data on one spreadsheet and it was very useful. I found that there was some variation between the sites and some things like the condition of the car are subjective. That said, you should be able to develop a pretty tight range for the price difference.

The fact that one is being sold retail will naturally increase the price. However, the 2001 will give you a three-spoke steering wheel and a headliner in addition to the options you mentioned.

On the other hand, it sounds like the 2000 is going to be less prone to IMS failure according to recent revelations in the class action lawsuit.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote