View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
rondocap

Oh no, I made a mistake. I sold it.

OK, so I had toyed with the idea of selling the Boxster, but really it was only to get a newer one since mine was an 01 base.

Anyway, I went out to get a work truck, got that, and after it was done - the manager at the place took an interest in the car. I got offered a fair amount, and I figured since now is my busy season I would not have time to drive it and might as well use the money for business. Especially since i have a daily driver prius and a BMW 335i.

So on a whim, I sold it right then and there. I knew I was going to have to spend a lot of money on it - new top for cracked plastic $1k, IMS upgrade $2.5k, plus a few minor things like a crack in the windshield and I was going to spend nearly $4k to make it nice and new and safe from IMS issues.

So I sold it. And a few days later, I am in deep regret. I've gone through cars quickly in the past, but usually to get something better and I am happy and forget. But now my BMW 335i just isn't cutting it anymore.

I miss the manual shifting, the connection with the steering, and just how the car drove.

So I'm sad. Here's my problem now. Wife never liked it, but put up with it when I got it. Now even the idea of getting another one causes some arguments.

I should have kept it! I dug myself in a hole. I just figure by the end of the year I'll have to do some sweet talking and pick up a nice 987 or something.

Oh, friends - don't sell your Boxster unless it's for a better Porsche!

I never sold it because I am was unhappy - I just figured I am working too much right now to enjoy it and rather free up the finances. Little did I know the opposition I may face to get another one! Time will tell, but boy am I sad.

Just sharing my boyish feelings with you guys.

Last edited by rondocap; 04-21-2013 at 04:33 PM.
rondocap is offline   Reply With Quote