View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #15
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Strangepork View Post
Wow, nice work, I really wanna have LN do a displacement upgrade for my motor someday

Where did you find instructions on how to reassemble the M96?
First there is a U-Tube video set that someone with a cracked cylinder made. The problem with that was no real specs or clearances or torqueing specs. I purchased a Porsche manual for the 2005 - 2008 Boxster it was the only manual out there that covered the 3 chain engine. This had all the clearances. It gave all the torque specs for every bolt in the engine. The timing procedures and it shows what tools you can't do without. It was very good for removing and installing the motor and transmission. My suggestion for anyone going to attempt this is view the video. Then buy a comprehensive manual. I've had many years of experience building motors, a good manual is a must.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote