Thread: Oil capacity?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
jsceash

Garage
Oil capacity?

In a 2003 3.2 liter motor My owners manual say oil capacity is 8.7 quarts including the filter. I added a LN 1/4" pan extension or added 1/2 Quart of capacity to 9.2. I purchased a case of Brad Penn Break-in oil for my rebuild. I was liberal about how much was splashed and wiped on part as they were assembled so I used about a quart in assembly. The final fill should have left me with some oil left over.

No way all that oil is in the motor the dipstick says a quart low the oil sensor says a quart low (about 4 line). What am I Missing, or is my manual wrong.

I started the engine after it cool down from the initial run no smoke. I started it this morning and this afternoon after work no smoke.

The water capacity is off also but that is the way LN does the cylinders. They machine down the cylinder portion in the water jacket and press in new sleeves. the extra diameter decreases the water jacket space. so I gain .9 liters displacement and probably a liter of water capacity.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote